"The Fairview Family of God" began on Thanksgiving evening, 1951, in a little house on Nixon Road, owned by Hughes Gryder with about twenty people present. The one room building and rooms in nearby homes were used for Sunday school classes. This continued until March 30, 1952, when the church was officially organized.
In April 1952, plans for the lower level of the church building were begun, Mr. & Mrs. Padgett donated the lot where our Lord's church building stands today. They also furnished water for the church from their own well. Completion of the sanctuary began in January 1956. Windows and church bell were donated by individuals of the church. Dedication was held on December 9, 1956.
Plans for extension of the church began again in March 1964. A choir loft, baptistery, and two classrooms were added to the north end of the church. A fact finding study on the cost and requirements for the Day Care Center began in May 1979. The older people in the church were thrilled when a club for senior citizens was formed in early 1981. Fairview named it the 3L Club (Laugh, Love, Live).
In July 1982, a decision was made to purchase an eleven acre tract of land adjoining the property towards the north of the buildings. Part of the property were to later be used for a fellowship hall 9constructed in 1988), cemetery, and play fields. In December 1995, the church voted to purchase three pieces of property along highway 21N. In 2002, a new sanctuary was built to the east of the original sanctuary.